Dr. Joe Abah (Ph.D) - Director General, BPSR
He attended University of Calabar from 1981-1985, holds a Bachelor of Laws, LL.B (Hons) degree and thereafter was called to the Bar by the Nigeria Law School, Lagos in 1986.
He proceeded to London Guildhall University, London, England where he obtained Master of Arts (M.A) in Business Law from 1990 – 1992.
In 2002, he was awarded Admission Certificate, as Solicitor by the Law Society of England and Wales. He proceeded further to Maastricht Graduate School of Governance, Maastricht University, Netherlands, where he is presently serving as a Visiting Lecturer and holds a Ph.D. in Governance with focus on “Governance and Public Policy Analysis”.
He is a visiting Lecturer to the Institution.
He joined the Department For International Development (DFID) of U.K. in 2003 and served for ten years (four as National Programme Manager). Until his appointment as the Director-General of Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR), he was the National Programme Coordinator for State Partnership for Accountability, Responsiveness and Capability (SPARC).
Other positions he has held include:
• Company Secretary; General Communications Ltd. London, U.K- 1989-1995
• Barrister & Solicitor; K.H.C Nwokolo and Co. Barristers/Solicitors, Lagos- 1987-1989
• Barrister and Solicitor (National Youth Service); F.B.I Egolum & Co., Barristers/Solicitors, Jos, Nigeria- 1986-1987
Additional Professional Qualifications
• April 2000 Lead Assessor and Licensed Trainer (EFQM Excellence Model)
• October 1999 Certified Project Manager
• March 1999 Lead Environmental Systems Assessor (ISO 14001)
• July 1998 Diploma, Managing for Health and Safety, Institute for Safety and Health
• October 1995 Lead Auditor of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9000)
He has written a lot of publications with significant value. They include:
• Abah, J, (2013), Pockets of Effectiveness in the Nigerian Public Service, Iju Public Affairs Forum
• Abah, J., (2012), Whither Nigeria: Who is Afraid of the Question? In Whither Nigeria? Iju Public Affairs Forum Series, Spectrum Books, Ibadan, Nigeria
• Abah, J., (2012, Strong Organisations in Weak States, Boekenplan, Maastricht, Netherlands
He hails from Uburu of Ohaozara Local Government of Ebonyi State.
Mr. Aloysius Oshoma Tsado - Director, Reform Coordination Department
He attended Government College, Ughelli where he obtained Higher School Certificate and University of Ibadan to obtain B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Political Science in 1976 and 1981 respectively.
He proceeded to Lagos State University in 1987 for his Law Studies and was called to bar by the Nigeria Law School, Lagos in 1992.
He also obtained Certificate in Project Management and attended a training programme on Strategic Management Skills, Strategic Planning Management and Modernising the Human Resource functions.
HISTORY OF EMPLOYMENT WITH DATES
• Chief Admin Officer, Ministry of Federal Capital Territory – 2004
• Assistant Director, Federal Ministry of Environment – 2005-2006
• Assistant Director, BPSR
• Deputy Director, BPSR - 2006- 2012
• Director, BPSR - 2013 - DATE
Mr. Arabi D. I - Director, Corporate Services Department
Mr. Arabi D. I is a graduate of Ahamadu Bello University with a B.A.(Hons) degree in 1984.
He also attended the following Institutions:
• Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto, PG Diploma in Mgmt - 1996
• Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto, M.Sc. Bus. Admin - 1997
He also attended the following training programs:
• Modernizing The Public Service
• Benchmarking and managing performance
• Policy Analysis and Policy Implementation
• Role of ICT in Policy Analysis
• Leading a Project Team
• Modern Trends on Human Resource Management
• Writing Council Memo, Notes and Conclusion
• e-Government in Africa
He is a member of Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM)
Member Nigeria Marketing Association
HISTORY OF EMPLOYMENT WITH DATES
• Assistant Director (Admin), OHCSF - 2003
• Deputy Director (Admin), BPSR - 2009
• Director (SIR), BPSR - 2013
Mr. Sylvester Inyang Anyang - Technical Assistant to the D.G
Mr. S. Inyang Anyang hails from Ikot Imo, Nsit Ubium LGA of Akwa Ibom State. He holds a B.SC (Political Science) 1985 from the University of Calabar, Calabar and MPA (1991) from the Obafemi Awolowo University, IIe-Ife.
Anyang started his working career as an Administrative Officer in 1987 and is now a Deputy Director. His working career has seen him working in the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (i.e. Manpower Development Office), Ministry of Defence, National Planning Commission, and the Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR).
He is currently the Technical Assistant to the Director General, BPSR. He bagged the Kaduna State NYSC award (1986) and the President’s NYSC award (1986).
He was appointed as a member of the 1979 Constitution Review Committee (CRC) to represent the interest of the Youths in the review of the 1979 constitution.
He is married with children.